The lighthouse was
constructed in 1909, upon the Miah Maull Shoal,
which was named for Nehemiah Maull, who was
drowned near the site. Located at 39° 07' 35" x
75° 12' 34". It is an automated light, maintained
by the USCG ANT (Aids to Navigation)Team in Cape
May. In the 1980's the "skirt" awning that
covered the lower walkway was removed.
In 1913, the permanent light was turned on for the
time and could be seen for 15 miles with its 4th
order lens. It was fully automated in 1973. It was
painted brown originally.